lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alice Wong <airwayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Associated values for a field and its value
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:12:27 GMT
Hello,

We would like to index some documents. Each field of a document may have
multiple values. And for each (field,value) pair there are some associated
values. These associated values are just for retrieving, not searching.

For example, a document D could have a field named A. This field has two
values a1 and a2.

It is easy to index D, adding term a1 and a2 to field A, so either query
"A=a1" or "A=a2" will return D.

Assuming we have other values associated with (A,a1) and (A,a2) for D. We
would like to retrieve these associated values depending on whether "A=a1"
or "A=a2" is queried.

For example, if query "A=a1" returns D, we would like to return values 1
and 2. And if query "A=a2" returns D, we want to return values 3 and 10.

Is it possible to do this with Lucene? Initially we want to hack postings
to return associated values, but this seems quite complex.

Thanks!