lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nischal reddy <nischal.srini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wildcard search not working on file paths
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:42:49 GMT
Hi Ian,

Actually im able to do wildcard searches on all the fields except the
"filePath" field. I am able to do both the leading and trailing wildcard
searches on all the fields,
but when i do the wildcard search on filepath field it is somehow not
working, an eg file path would look some thing like this "\Samples\F1.cls"
i think because of "\" present in the field it is failing. when i do a
wildcard search with the query "filePath : *" it is indeed returning all
the docs in the index. But when i do any other wildcard searches(leading or
trailing) it is not working, any clues why it is working in other fields
and not working on "filePath" field.

TIA,
Nischal Y