lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject external file stored field codec
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:03:03 GMT
I've been running some tests comparing storing large fields (documents,
say 100K .. 10M) as files vs. storing them in Lucene as stored fields.
Initial results seem to indicate storing them externally is a win (at
least for binary docs which don't compress, and presumably we can
compress the external files if we want, too), which seems to make
sense.  There will be some issues with huge directories, but that might
be worth solving.

So I'm wondering if there is a codec that does that?  I haven't seen one
talked about anywhere.

-Mike