lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen GRAY" <stephen.g...@immi.gov.au>
Subject splitting docIds from a search by segment [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 06:21:00 GMT
UNOFFICIAL
Hi everyone,

I am trying to write an application that loops through 500,000 - 1,000,000 documents returned
by a search and calculates some statistics using the value in a stored field. Obviously this
needs to be as fast as possible so I am using a NumericDocValues field to store the value.

What I don't know is how to get the NumericDocValues value for each docId returned by the
search. What I've been told to do in a previous thread was:

1.       Split the docIds according to the segment they belong to

2.       Get a per-segment NumericDocValues instance and use this to extract the values

Can someone tell me how to do 1 and 2? I don't know how to discover what segment a given docId
is in, or how to convert a segment into a NumericDocValues array.

By the way it's also been suggested that I just use MultiDocValue.getNumericValues, but I
gather that this will be much slower.

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks,
Steve