lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shalyminov <ishalymi...@yandex-team.ru>
Subject Lucene in-memory index
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:17:32 GMT
Hello!

I need to perform an experiment of loading the entire index in RAM and seeing how the search
performance changes.
My index has TermVectors with payload and position info, StoredFields, and DocValues. It takes
~30GB on disk (the server has 48).

_indexDirectoryReader = DirectoryReader.open(RAMDirectory.open(new File(_indexDirectory)));

Is the line above the only thing I have to do to complete my goal?

And also:
- will all the data be loaded in the RAM right after opening, or during the reading stage?
- will the index data be stored in RAM as it is on disk, or will it be uncompressed first?

--
Best Regards,
Igor