lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From saisantoshi <saisantosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling special characters in Lucene 4.0
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:12:24 GMT
Thanks.

So, if I understand correctly, StandardAnalyzer wont work for the following
below as it strips out the special characters and does search only on
searchText ( in this case).

queryText = *&&searchText*

If we want to do a search like "*&&**" then we need to use
WhiteSpaceAnalyzer. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Also, I am not sure as the following is mentioned in the lucene docs? Is the
below not for StandardAnalyzer then? It is not mentioned that it wont work
for StandardAnalyzer.

/*
Escaping Special Characters

Lucene supports escaping special characters that are part of the query
syntax. The current list special characters are

To escape these character use the \ before the character. For example to
search for (1+1):2 use the query:

*/

Thanks,
Sai.