lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From saisantoshi <saisantosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling special characters in Lucene 4.0
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:47:21 GMT
I have created strings like the below

&&searchtext
+sampletext

and when I try to search the following using *&&** or *+** it does not give
any result.

I am using QueryParser.escape(String s) method to handle the special
characters but does not look like it did anything.

Also, when I search something like this:

title:search*

it works and returns the search result

but when I search like the following, it wont work
title:*&&**

( No Result)

Is the above valid search criteria? If not, can someone suggest here what
would be appropriate search criteria?

Seems like StandardAnalyzer is stripping out all the special characters and
searching and that's why when we search without special characters, it does
seem to work.

Thanks,
Sai.