lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From gudiseashok <gudise.as...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rendexing problem: Indexing folder size is keep on growing for same remote folder
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:51:17 GMT
Hi

Basically my log folder consists of four log files like
abc.log,abc1.log,abc2.log,abc3.log, as my log appender is doing. Every 30
minutes content will be changed of all these file , for example after 30
minutes refresh my conent of abc1.log will be replaced with existing abc.log
content and abc.log will have new content (Timestamp is DD-MM-YYYY MM-ss:S).
Since I am goingthrough the re-indexing for every 30 minutes, I dont want to
re-index the same record which was already present with same timstamp.

Also if I want to do clean-up for every week, (clean up in the sense I want
to delete all indexes , and I want to do a fresh indexing for these 4
files), how to do this efficiently.

I really appreciate your time reading this, and kindly suggest a better way.

Regards
Ashok Gudise