lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Custom FieldInfo.IndexOptions
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:00:23 GMT
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Marcos Juarez Lopez <mjuarez@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response Mike.  I'll be sure to pay more attention to
> amount vs quantity in the future :)

Sorry for being pedantic!  I've been reading the book "Bugs in
Writing" recently :)

> Just one clarification.  I didn't mention we actually are using phrase and
> proximity queries, which I believe use the position information.  If that's
> the case, is there a way to specify DOCS_AND_POSITIONS as an IndexOption?
>  Based on the enum in FieldInfo, it seems you have to include frequencies
> if you want positional information.  Does positional information require
> frequencies somehow, or is it just an option that's not supported currently?

Ahh, OK.

Unfortunately, we must index freq information when we index positions:
that freq value (per document) tells us how many positions we should
read for that document.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com