lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <alan.burli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple field instances and Field.Store.NO
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:48:52 GMT
On 16 September 2013 11:47, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not exactly dumb, and I can't tell you exactly what is happening here,
> but lucene stores some info at the index level rather than the field
> level, and things can get confusing if you don't use the same Field
> definition consistently for a field.
>
> From the javadocs for org.apache.lucene.document.Field:
>
> NOTE: the field type is an IndexableFieldType. Making changes to the
> state of the IndexableFieldType will impact any Field it is used in.
> It is strongly recommended that no changes be made after Field
> instantiation.

I'm not changing the field type between instances of a field, I have
several fields in each document, some stored and some unstored.  Any
given field may have multiple instances in a single record, but they
are all created with the same type & flags. Stored fields and up with
multiple instances, unstored ones don't.

--
Alan Burlison