lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nischal reddy <nischal.srini...@gmail.com>
Subject need Help with lucene attributes
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 05:12:37 GMT
Hi,

I am confused a bit about the lucene attributes, can someone please help me
out with this,

can we store all the attributes of a term in the index?

i have set following attributes for a term, CharacterTermAttribute,
TypeAttribute, PayloadAttribute and OffsetsAttribute, but when i examine my
index with luke i cant find CharTermAttribute and TypeAttribute anywhere in
the index, but i did find payload and offsets.

Are these attributes just used during the analysis time?  wont they be
stored in the index?

My usecase is when i search for a query i want to retrieve all the
attributes that i had set for that term. i am able to retrieve payload and
offsets with DocsAndPositionsEnum instance.

i see that DocsAndPositionsEnum has a method attributes() but it is always
returning null.

Can someone help me out with this, or any other alternative to achieve this.

Thanks,
Nischal Y