lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <alan.burli...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing Lucene analyzers - in Scala
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:38:56 GMT
I know this is the Lucene Java forum but it seemed vaguely appropriate.
I'm using Lucene from Scala and I needed to subclass a couple of the
analyzers to set the position increment gap. As the standard analysers
in question were all final classes I couldn't simply subclass them.
However it's perfectly possible to write Lucene analyzers entirely in
Scala. For example, here's the standard KeywordAnalyzer written in Scala
with a position increment gap of 100.

@throws(classOf[java.io.IOException])
class MultiKeywordAnalyzer extends Analyzer {
   override protected def createComponents(fieldName: String, reader:
Reader):
    TokenStreamComponents = {
     new TokenStreamComponents(new KeywordTokenizer(reader))
   }
   override def getPositionIncrementGap(fieldName: String) = 100
}

Hopefully this might help someone in the future who googles to see if
it's possible :-)

--
Alan Burlison