lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 13:47:57 GMT
You probably want something more like "electro hydraulic power assist
steering"~5,
quote marks and all. And note that it's not quite "within 5 positions",
it's more
"up to five single-word transpositions" which is kind of a slippery concept.

"electro hydraulic  assist power steering"~5 would require 1 transposition
match the above, flipping around "power" and "assist" for instance.

FWIW,
Erick

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Brendan Grainger <brendan.grainger@gmail.com