lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Best Way to delete a Lucene Index
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:58:37 GMT
You can use IndexWriter.unlock(Directory) to forcefully unlock the
index; just be certain the old IndexWriter really is gone before doing
that.

Or, if you have an IndexWriter still open, you could try
IndexWriter.rollback(), which discards all changes and closes the
IndexWriter.  Or perhaps IndexWriter.deleteAll followed by commit.

When you get LockObtainFailedException it means your lock file is
still present and "locked"; what Directory and LockFactory are you
using?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com