lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assistance for Unified Index Proces
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:59:25 GMT
Have one big index holding everything, with a "folder" indexed field
that you can use for filtering?

--
Ian.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Mark Jason B. Nacional
<jason.nacional@icomteq.com> wrote:
> Hi Lucene Developers:
>
> I just want to ask some help regarding our new implementation of indexing process.
>
> We use this API for searching a number of documents in a review platform (e-discovery).
>
> On our search module, we index a document per folder. The problem is that a user can
create his own folder.

> Right now, what our developers implemented was to create an index file of all folders.
So imagine if a user will have to select a multiple source folder, we have to iterate to all
its index files to get the results.

> I was assigned to change this implementation. They called it "Unified Index". In this
implementation, we have only one index file to manage.