lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amal Kammoun <kammoun.ama...@gmail.com>
Subject SPI class of type org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec error
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:39:04 GMT
Hi,

We are working on a project which uses Lucene 4.2.1. Actually we are facing
an error message "java.lang.
ExceptionInInitializerError". We are using Maven for assembling the project
and we have a dependency between two projects. When we do the test with
eclipse it works fine. However, when we incorporate our jar in a client
that is tested outside Eclipse we got the
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.
We are doing workaround to overcome the issue since yesterday, we got the
same issue with both versions of Lucene 4.2.0 and 4.2.1.

Have you ever experienced such an issue with maven? Are the newer Lucene
versions safer from such an issue?

Here is the rest of the message error
Caused by: java.lang.
IllegalArgumentException: A SPI class of type
org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec with name 'Lucene42' does not exist. You
need to add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI to your
classpath.The current classpath supports the following names.

Thank you a lot in advance for your support.
Best regards,