lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanket Paranjape <sanket.paranjape.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 4 - Faceted Search with Sorting
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:46:35 GMT
I am trying to move from lucene 2.4 to 4.4. I had used bobo-browse for
faceting in 2.4.

I used below code (from Lucene examples) to query documents and get facets.

    List<FacetRequest> categories = new ArrayList<FacetRequest>();
    categories.add(new CountFacetRequest(new CategoryPath("CATEGORY_PATH",
'/'), 10));
    FacetSearchParams searchParams = new FacetSearchParams(categories);
    TopScoreDocCollector topScoreDocCollector =
TopScoreDocCollector.create(200, true);
    FacetsCollector facetsCollector = FacetsCollector.create(searchParams,
indexReader, taxonomyReader);
    indexSearcher.search(new MatchAllDocsQuery(),
MultiCollector.wrap(topScoreDocCollector, facetsCollector));

Above code gives me results along with facets.

Now I want to add a Sort field on document, say I want to sort by name. I
can achieve this using following

    Sort sort = new Sort(new SortField("NAME", Type.STRING));
    TopFieldDocs docs = indexSearcher.search(new MatchAllDocsQuery(), 100,
sort);

Now, how do I achieve sorting along with faceting, because there is no
method in IndexSearcher which has Collector and Sort.

I have asked this question on stackoverflow as well. (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17992183/lucene-4-faceted-search-with-sorting
)

Please Help !!