lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Airway Wong <airwayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index customization
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:04:47 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion.

We plan to build inverted list for a production system, so there is high
demand for reliability and performance.

Lucene is a highly sophisticated IR lib and has a lot of features. Usually
it is much easier to trim down features and Lucene already starts to
support customized inverted list. And that's why I am curious if it can be
customized to support simple inverted list.

Even for test purpose, it is useful to limit the functionality and
incrementally add features. My guess is Lucene probably already have a way
to support simple inverted index if needed.

Could someone give more insight into this?

Thanks.