lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anna Björk Nikulásdóttir <anna.b....@gmx.de>
Subject Avoid automaton Memory Usage
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:32:18 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene 4.3 on Android for terms auto suggestions (>500.000). I am using both
FuzzySuggester and AnalyzingSuggester, each for their specific strengths. Everything works
great but my app consumes 69MB of RAM with most of that dedicated to the suggester classes.
This is too much for many older devices and Android imposes RAM limits for those.
As I understand, these suggester classes consume RAM because they use in memory automatons.
Is it possible - similar to Lucene indexes - to have these automatons rather on "disk" than
in memory or is there an alternative approach with similarly good results that works with
most data from disk/flash ?

regards,

Anna.