lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Files greater than 20 MB not getting Indexed. No files generated except write.lock even after 8-9 minutes.
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 05:51:07 GMT
Hello all,

Faced with a typical issue.
I have many files which I am indexing.

Problem Faced:
a. File having size less than 20 MB are successfully indexed and merged.

b. File having size >20MB are not getting INDEXED.. No Exception is
being thrown. Only a lock file is being created in the index directory.
The indexing process for a single file exceeding 20 MB size continues
for more than 8 minutes after which I have a code which merge the
generated index to existing index.

Since no index is being generated now, I get an exception during merging
process.

Why Files having size greater than 20 MB are not being indexed..??.  I
am indexing each line of the file. Why IndexWriter is not throwing any
error.

Do I need to change any parameter in Lucene or tweak the Lucene settings
?? Lucene version is 4.4.0

My current deployment for Lucene is on a server running with 128 MB and
512 MB heap.

--
Regards

Ankit Murarka

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what lies within
us"