lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Re: Boolean Query when indexing each line as a document.
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:51:23 GMT
Yeah..I eventually DID THIS....

Just a small question : Knowing that
BooleanQuery/PrefixQuery/WildCardQuery might also run fine even if I
index the complete document as opposed to doing it Line by Line.
Shouldn't I do it this way rather than indexing each line for
Boolean/Prefix/Wildcard also. ?

What might be the impact on performance. What might be possible pitfalls..

Also Final part is showing user the content above and below the given
query to search. Will this be achieveable if I index document by
document for Boolean/Prefix/Wildcard...

Kindly advice...

On 8/21/2013 12:56 PM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 08:38 AM, Ankit Murarka wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>   I tried with
>>
>> doc.add(new Field("contents",line,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.ANALYZED));
>>
>> The BooleanQuery/PrefixMatch/WildCard all started Running fine..
>>
>> But it broke the Existing code for Phrase Suggestion/InfixSuggester. Now these suggesters
are returning Word suggestion instead of Phrase Suggestion which is not serving any purpose.

>> THIS IS NOT DESIRABLE..
>>
>> My PhraseSuggestion/InfixSuggestion etc. is now not working fine. Please guide..
This is complete blocker.

--
Regards

Ankit Murarka

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what lies within
us"