lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Re: Boolean Query when indexing each line as a document.
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 07:45:37 GMT
Hello. Reference to CustomAnalyzer is what I had mentioned.

I created a custom analyzer by using the StandardAnalyzer code. Only
change I made was to comment the LowerCaseFilter  in StandardAnalyzer to
create my own analyzer.

Yeah.I am trying to provide a smallest possible self contained program.
Give me some time.

On 8/14/2013 8:39 PM, Ian Lea wrote:
> If you're using StandardAnalyzer what's the reference to
> CustomAnalyzerForCaseSensitive all about?  Someone else with more
> patience or better diagnostic skill may well spot your problem but I
> can't.
>
> My final suggestion is that you build and post the smallest possible
> self-contained program, using RAMDirectory and no external classes.
> If you are using a custom analyzer try it without - if that works
> you've got a clue as to where to look next.
>
> Good luck.
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Ankit Murarka
> <ankit.murarka@rancoretech.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello. I gave the complete code sample so that anyone can try and let me
>> know. This is because this issue is really taking a toll on me.
>> I am so close yet so far.
>>
>> Yes, I am using analyzer to index the document. The Analyzer is
>> StandardAnalyzer but I have commented the LowerCaseFilter code from that.
>>
>> Yes In my trailing mail I have mentioned the same.
>>
>> This is what is present in my file:
>>
>>          INSIDE POST OF Listener\
>>
>> This is what is present in the index:
>>
>>          INSIDE POST OF Listener\
>>
>> The query which I gave to search:
>>

>> Query is +contents:INSIDE contents:POST
>>

>> STILL I AM GETTING NO HIT.. But If I index all the documents normally
>> (without indexing them line by line) I do get HITS..
>>
>> Still not able to figure out the problem.
>>

>> On 8/14/2013 8:07 PM, Ian Lea wrote:
>>
>>> I was rather hoping for something smaller!
>>>
>>> One suggestion from a glance is that you're using some analyzer
>>> somewhere but building a BooleanQuery out of a TermQuery or two.  Are
>>> you sure (test it and prove it) that the strings you pass to the
>>> TermQuery are EXACTLY what has been indexed?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ian.

I have content

Mean, Infix