lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Re: Boolean Query when indexing each line as a document.
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:50:46 GMT
Hello.
         The problem does not seem to be getting solved.

As mentioned, I am indexing each line of each file.
The sample text present inside LUKE is

<am name="notification" value="10"/>\
<type="DE">\
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
 >>Size of list  array::0\
org.com.dummy,INFO,<< Still figuring out how to run
 >>,SERVER,100.100.100.100:8080,EXCEPTION,10613349
INSIDE POST OF Listener\

In my Luke, I can see the text as "INSIDE POST OF Listener" .. This is
present in many files.

/*Query is +contents:INSIDE contents:POST */              --/The field
name is contents. Same analyzer is being used. This is a boolean query./

To test, I indexed only 20 files. In 19 files, this is present.

The boolean query should give me a hit for this document.

BUT IT IS RETURNING ME NO HIT..

If I index the same files WITHOUT line by line then, it gives me proper
hits..

But for me it should work on Indexes created by Line by Line parsing also.

Please guide.