lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Boolean Query when indexing each line as a document.
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:56:51 GMT
Hello All,
                I have 2 different usecases.
I am trying to provide both boolean query and phrase search query in the
application.

In every line of the document which I am indexing I have content like :

<attribute name="remedial action" value="Checking"/>\

Due to the phrase search requirement, I am indexing each line of the
file as a new document.

Now when I am trying to do a phrase query (Did you Mean, Infix Analyzer
etc, or phrase suggest) this seems to work fine and provide me with
desired suggestions.

Problem is :

How do I invoke boolean query for this. I mean when I verified the
indexes in Luke, I saw the whole line as expected is indexed.

So, if user wish to perform a boolean query say suppose containing
"remedialaction" and "Checking" how do I get this document as a hit. I
believe since I am indexing each line, this seems to be bit tricky.

Please guide.

--
Regards

Ankit