lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jugal Kolariya <jugal.kolar...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Creating Indexes when data inside the file is being written.
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:47:57 GMT
Hello,
           I have a potential usecase for which I am not sure whether
using lucene will help me or not.

In my code case, I am creating a new file and writing data to that file.

Now, when the file writing is in progress, I would like to create Lucene
Indexes. Once indexes are created, I can then perform operation on the

I want to know whether I can create indexes for the file on which the
data is still being getting written from the code.

If yes, what about the incremental changes which happen in file. Those
details wont be captured in the indexes. Does this effectively means
everytime I try to perform a search I will first create index and then
perform search operation.

Any guidance on this will be highly appreciated. Javadoc does not seem
to provide relevant information on this. Lucene version is 4.4.0
--

        Thanks & regards
        /Jugal Kishore Kolariya