lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanket Paranjape <sanket.paranjape.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4 - Faceted Search with Sorting
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 06:35:40 GMT
Hi Shai,

Thanks for helping out.

It worked. :)

I also want to add pagination feature. This can be done via searchAfter
method in IndexSearcher. But, this does not have Collector (I want
facets from this).

I think this has been done intentionally because facets would remain
same while paginating/sorting.

So my approach to this would be following.

 1. On first search call below code to get first set of results along
    with facets.
 2. Save *last* ScoreDoc somewhere in the session so that it can be used
    to pagination. Also save facetCollector so as to use it later on
    pagination request to show facets.
 3. On subsequent pagination requests use IndexSearcher.searchAfter
    method to get next set of results using ScoreDoc from session.
 4. If user want to narrow down on facets then follow steps from 1 to 3
    using Drill-down feature.

Am I correct?