lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Jason B. Nacional" <jason.nacio...@icomteq.com>
Subject Assistance for Unified Index Proces
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:03:24 GMT
Hi Lucene Developers:

I just want to ask some help regarding our new implementation of indexing process.

We use this API for searching a number of documents in a review platform (e-discovery).

On our search module, we index a document per folder. The problem is that a user can create
his own folder.

Right now, what our developers implemented was to create an index file of all folders. So
imagine if a user will have to select a multiple source folder, we have to iterate to all
its index files to get the results.

I was assigned to change this implementation. They called it "Unified Index". In this implementation,
we have only one index file to manage.

I just want to get information as to how am I going to implemented it in a an optimal way.

Any suggestion would be perfect! :)

Thanks!

Mark Jason Nacional
Junior Software Engineer