lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@BroadVision.com>
Subject lucene 4.3 seems to be much slower in indexing than lucene 3.6?
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:55:06 GMT

Hi,

I did some basic performance testing, just use random number to generate text for indexing,
below I attached source java code. The command I used are:

java TestReal43 index -docCount 500 -start 1 -optimize true -luceneDir mmap
java TestReal36 index -docCount 500 -start 1 -optimize true -luceneDir mmap

The difference is NOT in optimization, I changed directory within (Simple, MMap, NIOFS),
it does not make much difference, 43 is about 30~40% slower. I conducted test in Linux:

Linux ec2usevmsstgamq 3.2.0-49-virtual #75-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 18 17:59:38 UTC 2013 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng