lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From VIGNESH S <vigneshkln...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PostingsHighlighter to highlight the first Match ion the document
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:57:00 GMT
Hi Mike,

I am indexing at the document level that is full book to a field.For
Example iam indexing the full book which contains some term say Android at
the first page,last page.

when i do a search,I will get the document.

In that document ,i need to highlight only the first  sentence which
matches the search query "Android".say in first page.

is it possible to use PostingsHighlighter to acheive this functionality.

I did not understand how custom score will help if i index the full
document as a content field not sentences.

I already tried Simple and FastVector since it uses termvector it takes
more index size.so i am thinking of using this.

Please kindly help me

Thanks ans Regards
Vignesh.