lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Sankar <san...@gmail.com>
Subject Another question on sorting documents
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 05:15:26 GMT
The approach we have discussed in an earlier thread uses:

writer.addIndexes(new SortingAtomicReader(...));

I want to confirm (this is not absolutely clear to me yet) that the above
call will not create multiple segments - i.e., the output will be optimized.

We are also trying another approach - sorting the documents in Hadoop - so
that we can repeatedly call writer.addDocument(...) providing documents in
the correct order.

How can we make sure that the final output contains documents in a single
segment  and in the order in which they were added?

Thanks,

Sriram.