lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Sankar <san...@gmail.com>
Subject NRT + static rank based sorting
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 03:06:42 GMT
Hi Mike,

I've finally got something running and will send you some performance
numbers as promised shortly.  In the meanwhile, I've a question regarding
the use of real time indexing along with ordering by static rank.  Before
each search, I do the reopen as follows:

    public void refresh() throws IOException {
DirectoryReader r = DirectoryReader.openIfChanged(reader);
if (r != null) {
    reader.close();
    reader = r;
    this.live = SortingAtomicReader.wrap(
                new SlowCompositeReaderWrapper(reader),
new StaticRankSorter());
}
    }

This works fine.  However, I believe the index is resorted everytime I
reopen the index.  Ideally, it would be nice to do the sort more
incrementally each time a new document gets added.  I assume that this is
not easy - but just in case you have ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks,

Sriram.