lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Sankar <san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance measurements
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:03:48 GMT
No I do not need scoring.  This is a pure retrieval query - which matches
what we used to do with Unicorn in Facebook - something like:

(name:sriram AND (friend:1 OR friend:2 ...))

This automatically gives us second degree.

With Unicorn, we would always get sub-millisecond performance even for
n>500.

Should I assume that Lucene is that much worse - or is it that this use
case has not been optimized?

Sriram.