lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Chinnakannan <prakash.chinnakan...@gmail.com>
Subject ERROR: could not read any segments file in directory
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:59:34 GMT
Hi,

Today we'd the SAN outage and it looks the lucene index directory got
corrupted. We tried to fix it by using CheckIndex and below is the
exception trace.

Do we've any other possible ways to recover the index contents?

~#] java -cp lucene-3.2.0.jar org.
apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex searchIndex/ -fix

NOTE: testing will be more thorough if you run java with
'-ea:org.apache.lucene...', so assertions are enabled

Opening index @ searchIndex/

ERROR: could not read any segments file in directory
org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: Unknown format version:
-318130790
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:272)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$1.doBody(SegmentInfos.java:358)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:753)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:592)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:354)
at org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex.checkIndex(CheckIndex.java:319)
at org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex.main(CheckIndex.java:940)

Thanks for your help.

--
Prakash C