lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <raghavendra.k....@barclays.com>
Subject RE: Searching two words
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:56:06 GMT
Uwe,

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Raghu

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe Schindler [mailto:uwe@thetaphi.de]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 2:02 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Searching two words

Hi,

- if you want to search for those both words next to each other, use a phrase query. This
is by putting quotes around, QueryParser will parse this to a Lucene PhraseQuery
- If you don't want to have a phrase and just want to ensure that both words must be in the
document, prefix both words with a plus sign to make them mandatory

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen