lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <ikoelli...@axsone.com>
Subject deleting documents
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:04:09 GMT
Hello,
In Lucene 4.x is there a way to get the number of documents that were deleted from calling
IndexWriter. deleteDocuments(Query)?

Another question, if we call IndexWriter. tryDeleteDocument(Reader, docId) utilizing a near-real-time
reader, what is the appropriate order to close the reader and writer. Also, if I decide to
rollback the deleted documents I assume I call IndexWriter.rollback() to close the writer
without committing the changes, but where in the rollback process do I close the reader (before
or after I call IndexWriter.rollback())?

Thanks,
Ian Koelliker