lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Trying to search java.lang.NullPointerException in log file.
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:24:25 GMT
Hello. I am trying to search java.lang.NullPointerException in a log
file. The log file is huge.

However I am unable to search it. This is because the StandardAnalyzer
must be splitting the words on "SPACES" and since there is no space
present here. The entire string is converted into 1 token.

What can be a possible way of finding
"Exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" in a log file.

The string may be different also. Suppose "Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException error occured"

I am trying to use Phrase Query but I am not sure if that will serve the
purpose.

Can please someone suggest.

--
Regards