lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Murarka <ankit.mura...@rancoretech.com>
Subject Possible location of word inside the file.
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 07:10:10 GMT
Dear Team,
                  I have a potential usecase. I have large number of log
files which are archived in a particular directory. Now the
administrator would like to view certain information which might/might
not be present in any of the files inside the directory.

Using lucene, I was able to get whether the specific word he is
searching for is present in the files or not and in which files they are
present.

BUT, is it possible to find the location of that word inside the file.
Each file is about 5 MB and does not really make sense to parse the file
to know the location of a certain word which is present.

Can lucene help in this regard? Or atleast a close approximation of its
location in the file. I would be wishing to show atleast 256KB of data
from the point that word is present int he file.

Googled a lot but to no avail.

--
Regards

Ankit

"Peace is found not in what surrounds us, but in what we hold within."