lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Trying to search java.lang.NullPointerException in log file.
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:21:10 GMT
"This is because the StandardAnalyzer must be splitting the words on
"SPACES" and since there is no space present here. The entire string is
converted into 1 token."

Those statements are inconsistent! I mean, what code is converting the
entire string to 1 token and eliminating white space? Is that your own code
before you hand the string to the standard analyzer??? That makes no sense.
I mean, the standard analyzer is using the standard tokenizer that doesn't
do that!

Are you applying the same analyzer at query time as you do at index time? It
is not uncommon for Lucene users to forget to do that. If you don't, then
you will have to hand-analyze the query string and simulate exactly what the
standard analyzer did at index time.

So, please clarify your situation.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Ankit Murarka
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 6:24 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Trying to search java.lang.NullPointerException in log file.

Hello. I am trying to search java.lang.NullPointerException in a log
file. The log file is huge.

However I am unable to search it. This is because the StandardAnalyzer
must be splitting the words on "SPACES" and since there is no space
present here. The entire string is converted into 1 token.

What can be a possible way of finding
"Exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" in a log file.

The string may be different also. Suppose "Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException error occured"

I am trying to use Phrase Query but I am not sure if that will serve the
purpose.

Can please someone suggest.

--
Regards