lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ABlaise <abla...@hotpads.com>
Subject RE: Detect a corrupted index
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:44:08 GMT
Thanks a lot !
I must have been very tired on friday not to be able to find the CheckIndex
class... I looked for it though in the documentation but I guess I was not
even able to type correctly on my keyboard...
This works well but doesn't detect all corruption, I had to add the
following test :
if(status.numSegments < 1) {
	logger.warn("There is no segments");
	return true;
}

Another thing is that if the server is killed at a very specific time, the
index will not be corrupted, it will just be incomplete. I will just add a
small test so that if the index is unusally small it will be detected as
corrupted.

Thanks again for your help !