lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Read an solr index with two different lucene formats
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 23:05:36 GMT

: I used solr to query the index, and verified that each document does have a
: non-blank date field.  I suspect that it's because the lucene-3.6 api I am
: using can not read datefield correctly from documents written in lucene 1.4
: format.

how did you verify that they all have a non-blank value?

my wild short in the dark guess here...

1) you are "verifying" that every doc has a value in the date field by
using something like q=date:[* TO *] and looking at the numfound and it
matches q=*:*
2) at some point your date field was indexed but not stored, and a large
number of documnts were added during this time.
3) so now all of your documents have an *indexed* value for the date
field, but many of them have no *stored* value for the date field.

-Hoss