lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Securing stored data using Lucene
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:17:52 GMT
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Rafaela Voiculescu
<rafaela.voiculescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I am sorry I was not a bit more explicit. I am trying to find an acceptable
> way to encrypt the data to prevent any access of it in any way unless the
> person who is trying to access it knows how to decrypt it. As I mentioned,
> I looked a bit through the patch, but I am not sure of its status.

You can encrypt stored fields, but there is no way to do it correctly
with fields that have positions indexed: attackers could infer the
actual terms based on the order of terms (the encrypted version must
sort the same way as the original terms), frequencies and positions.

--
Adrien