lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep B <bpradeep.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene pointing to existing DB Index
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 04:55:25 GMT
Hi
I have just started out on lucene and experimenting with some possibilities.
My goal is to try to exploit an existing database index (which in my case
is an inverted index)  to serve as a Lucene Index.
this helps me avoid need of additional indexing time and storage space.

Is this possible ?

What are the best practices to integrate Lucene to provide Search
capabilities on a column-oriented databases ?

Any pointers / suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Pradeep