lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Arun Kumar K <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject FieldCache & DocValues Filter
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:22:09 GMT
Hi Guys,

I was trying to better the filtering mechanism for my use case.
When i use the existing filters like FieldCacheTermsFilter, TermsFilter i
see that the first filtering take up enough time may be for building the
FieldCache. Subsequent filters are fast enough.
Currently, I am using CachingWrapperFilter over TermsFilter over String
Fields.

a) I want to reduce the FieldCache Building time or atleast first filters
time.

b) Instead can i build a filter over DocValues ?

    I have tried few things:
   1> I have SortedDocValueField like doc.add(new SortedDocValueField("ID",
new BytesRef("123"))) and created a
       TermsFilter based on BytesRef List for this field. But this doesn't
work.
   2> When i use the SortedDocValueField as group field for grouping it
works.

   Are there any ways out or did i miss somethings ?

Arun