lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Burton-West <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: TestGrouping.Java seems to combine multiple tests into one huge test
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:08:39 GMT
Thanks Mike and Robert,

>>Refactoring this test would be fantastic, but I wouldn't want to take it
on
:)

>>Maybe an easier step would be to rename this test something like
TestRandomGrouping, and add some brand new very simple-easy-to-understand
tests to a new file(s).

I opened LUCENE-5065.  I'll try your "easier step. Since the reason I'm
looking at the test is that I'm trying to understand
BlockGroupingCollector, I'll start by trying to just pull out as simple a
test as I can figure out for BlockGroupingCollector and add that.   It may
take me a while, since I need to walk through the code a lot more before I
understand it enough to feel confident that I can pull out an appropriate
test.

Tom