lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Burton-West <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject TestGrouping.Java seems to combine multiple tests into one huge test
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:48:03 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to understand BlockGroupingCollector.   I thought I would start
by running the tests in the debugger.  However the only test I can find is
lucene/grouping/src/test/org/apache/lucene/search/grouping/TestGrouping.java

In TestGrouping.java,  in the second test, "testRandom" it seems like a
fairly large number of things are tested, including a test of
BlockGroupingCollector.

I'm having a hard time understanding the tests and wonder if perhaps
TestGrouping.java might be refactored to make it easier to understand.

Is there some reason that separate tests are not broken out?
I also could not find setup and teardown methods.  Is there some reason
they are not being used?
Would it make sense to open a JIRA issue to refactor  TestGrouping.java to
make a clearer separation between different things being tested?
In particular, perhaps BlockGroupingCollector could have a separate test?

Tom