lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Malgorzata Urbanska <urban...@cs.colostate.edu>
Subject compare paragraphs of text - which Query Class to use?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:23:46 GMT
Hello,

I've just started using Lucene and I'm not sure which Query Classes I
should use in my project.

My goal is to compare paragraphs of text. Paragraph A is a query and
paragraph B is a document for which I would like to calculate similarity
score.

the paragraphs A and B can be in some situations exactly the same or not.
Generally I would like to check do they talk about the same topic.

In my project I have set of paragraphs A and set of paragraphs B, so I'm
looking for some universal solution which allow me to check similarity
score for each paragraph A all paragraphs B.

Do you have any suggestions? I really appreciate all of the ideas.

--
gosia