lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: TermsEnum close()
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:51:58 GMT
TermEnum.close() in past releases was a no-op I think, which is why it
was removed.

So not closing your TermsEnums should not cause any file handle leaking.

Are you sure you're closing all opened readers?  Does your index have
too many segments?  Are you not using CFS?

Try "lsof" to see which files are held open ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com