lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Why Numeric (IntField) tokenized true by Default?
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 10:41:19 GMT
This is because, under the hood, a single number is indexed into
several "hierarchical" tokens, to make NumericRangeFilter/Query very
fast.

When this field is sorted, there is careful logic to use only the
original number for sorting purposes

So, it's true that in general you should not tokenize a field that you
will sort on, but numeric fields are an exception to this rule, and
sorting will work correctly.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com