lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Mallik <abhishek.mallik...@gmail.com>
Subject Using MultiField query with Boost factor
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 06:05:50 GMT
I have indexed documents in Lucene based on three fields: *title*, *address*
, *city*. Now I want to build my query say, *C A B *so that I can retrieve
the documents as follows:

*C* must be present in the *title* field of the documents and either *A* or
*B* must be present in either of *address* and *city *fields of the matched
documents. The documents that have A present in either of those fields
should get higher score or higher boost. Here *A*, *B*, *C* may be single
terms or phrases.

I am new to Lucene. I do not have any experience of framing such complex
queries. So if anyone please help me to solve this I will be really
grateful. Thank you.

-Abhishek