lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Sankar <san...@gmail.com>
Subject segments and sorting
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 21:24:44 GMT
Quick question on segments:

For my use case of having all docs sorted by a static rank and being able
to cut off retrieval after a certain number of docs, I have to sort all my
docs using the static rank (and Lucene 4 has a way to do this).

When an index has multiple segments, how does this sorting work?  Is each
segment sorted independently?  Or is it possible for me to control this -
and have a single segment?

Assuming I have a single segment, are there any other constraints?  I read
somewhere that FieldValue's have a limit of 2Gb per segment - is this true?

Thanks,

Sriram.